Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Well, this one has turned out to be the worst one yet. All of the side effects are kicking in at once and he isn't doing too well. We were able to make it to the parade on Greenbrook ave and he put up a good front. Unfortunately it took everything out of him. We stopped to see Chris' renovations on the way home, but Billy needed assistance just walking. He never made it to the second floor to look around, it was too much. The house looks good though Chris, (although I hate your closets!)
He lay in bed pretty much the rest of the day. He had small bursts of energy, just enough to walk outside a couple of times and to force down some dinner. Most of the day, was spent with him laying in the spare bedroom. It is his "clean room". Or, we try to keep it that way. Every time he has chemo, I come home early and vacuum the room and change the bedding. Then lock the dogs out. We try to keep it as "clean feeling" as possible so he is more comfortable. Those dogs do manage to sneak in sometimes though. Not much I can do about it, Janie thinks Billy belongs to her. She gets very jealous if I am near him, and will growl if I move her away from him. We cant even drive with her in the car unless she is somehow "touching" Billy...
Its heartbreaking to see him so weak, and to know what the "weakness" does to his spirit. I can see how it makes him angry. When he was first diagnosed, he felt fine. It wasn't until after he started the treatments that he got ill. Medicine is supposed to make you feel better. So if it isn't making you feel better, how do you know it is actually making you better? He says he doesn't know how he can go through 4 more of these treatments. I know he will, I think he just needs to vent and feel in control of "something". Worse case I throw his scrawny butt over my shoulder and carry him there... or bring in the big guns..Micheal, Chez... but, again, I know he will go. He has never been a quitter.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Keep fighting the fight, Billy!!! It breaks my heart to hear you having such a tough time. Please know that I think of you EVERY day!I love you, Vicki (from Washington)

erin said...

Hi Billy,
Well we finally found your blog spot! It took us forever. I am here with Jacqueline and I am not allowing her to call you any names. Your sister said to tell you that she and I are waiting for you to come on out and buy us some beers. She also said to hurry up and get your scrawny ass out of bed. (Does that sound like she is calling you a name? I didn't think so, so I let it through. Right now I am only deleting the "dork" references from her.) Well I'm sorry that your 4th of July was such a bummer. But it rained anyway so it wasn't that great. Next year will be a better one for sure. And then you'll definitely have to buy us some beers. Alright, well we hope you're feeling better soon. - Erin & Jacqueline -

billy's friend said...

We have not stopped thinking about you and praying for your recovery. Hang in there Billy!!
Love,
Robin and Bill
(Colorado)