Wednesday, July 2, 2008

half way mark

Today was the half way mark. The treatments are getting harder and harder on him. I may have to call in the big guns soon to drag him to his next treatments. Unfortunately, I am not kidding.
Today he was sick the entire time, and for the first time he has requested a bucket "just in case". We were a little nervous when we didn't see Trish, his favorite nurse. The new one, however, passed muster. She was even a softball player. NO, Mr. Mayor, did not know her - go figure.
Sam, my son, came with us today to see what it was all about. I cant believe it took me so long to figure Billy out. When he went into one of the rooms for a talk with the doc, he figured Sam couldn't handle it, so we waited outside. When it was time for his iv to be put in, that's when he sent us to get breakfast. Last week, when it was time for the needle, I was sent for a newspaper.
The time before that he sent me for a bagel for us to share.... He isn't so subtle with Zilly, he just tells him to "walk away" or "get lost". :) Anyway, it wasn't too interesting for Sam. He wanted to put the needle in, just to get a little revenge on Billy. Of course that didn't happen, so he just spun in circles on the little stool. We stayed with him til almost 10:30, then Zilly took the second half.

He is home and is as "pleasant" as he always is... yeah...no comment. I know it sucks, there is no other way to put it. He is in misery and its been getting worse on him with every treatment. There isn't really anything any of us can do, just let him vent when he needs to. And be there when he needs us. He will be up for calls tomorrow I am sure. He has his appointment in the afternoon for the dreaded "white cell shot". Hopefully that doesn't get progressively worse too.
I will try to write more soon, hopefully it will be a little more on the "up" sounding.
thanks as always for tuning in...

No comments: