Monday, October 27, 2008

A day at the races.

I love L.A. was the theme for our trip to Santa Anita Park in Southern California. I'm sure Randy Newman had better pitch when he sang it but the weekends big winner Tony "Synthetic" Posella was belting it outloud over and over while cashing winning tickets. His father "The Preacher" and Jon "the bomber" Farese weren't quite as lucky nor was I. But hell I was lucky just to be there and equally as grateful. The flight out was brutal and a very long day. I wore a mask on the plane however the cabin pressure was a killer. By the time we arrived I was shot but Wendy was smart enough to make me take every remedy known to man including my prescriptions so I was prepared. Friday and Saturday were race days and it was great. Perfect weather, beautiful race track, gorgeous horses and tons of fun. Mix in a few cold ones and you've got a good day. Didn't cash many tickets but Tony was banging daily doubles left and right so we had fun. Saturday was special as the best horses in the world competed and the track was jumping. After losing most of my money I finally connected big on Albertus Maximus, a tip from Tony of course. Problem was the track after taking all my money for 2 days, didn't want to pay me or Tony. Seems when you win more than $600 bucks they want your social security number. Thank God I'm not Mexican right? Neither of us had this of corse so they refused to pay us. Those of you whom know me well know that this didn't sit well with me. Let's just say a good chunk of the 50,00 strong knew I was unhappy. After inferring that the I.R.S. agent was a rotten tramp I was coaxed to my seats by the Preacher. No way I was taking no for an answer. I was able to pay off a bartender with a ss" number and card to cash our tickets. Turns out he was just out of the military and he was tax exempt anyway....so he made a few bucks, we got our money and in turn screwed over the I.R.S. who got nothing...nada....zippo....hahahahaha. In all I came home even, had a great time with friends and was happy to get back home still ticking.

Concerning my health I'm taking the week off. Wendy's got the juicer out and the experimets have begun. Im expecting some interesting fruit drinks and I'll let you all know about my juicing experience next week.

May the Horse Be With You.

2 comments:

billy's friend said...

Remember Skinny boy ,juice always tases better with tequilla micxed in.

Zill

billy's friend said...

hey Tony "Synthetic" how the heck did you end up naked on You Tube? Not a very flattering picture !!