Thursday, June 19, 2008

Something rather amazing took place on Saturday night that I wanted to share with you all. Many of my good friends decided to run a charity Texas Holdem poker tournament in my behalf to raise funds and support my cause. It was catered, organized and in my eyes a complete success. Afterwards I learned that these "knuckleheads" were able to raise several thousand dollars for my fight.....a staggering amount to say the least.

This was extremy humbling for me and difficult to accept but I am grateful beyond words.In addition my company for which I work joined the cause and collected another amount of money from my co-workers and owner Gene...again leaving me humbled and eternally grateful.

I am an old school kind of guy and have trouble accepting charity from people. I was told to swallow my pride or as Chez and Rocky put it "tough shit jerkoff you're taking it now shut up". They know how to put me in my place, always have and thats not easy I'm quite stubborn for those who haven't noticed.

In addition the get well cards keep coming and so do the well wishes and I thank you all so much. To my co-workers I thank you. To the card players I hope you all had a good time I know I did. The monies raised have changed my life and eased our burden at home and I can only hope to repay all of sometime when you need my help.. This alone gives me extra incentive to hang around this place for awhile so cancer better take a step back because I don't plan on going anywhere soon.

Finally while I thank you all a special mention needs to be made to Michael Byrne who donated so many raffle items at his own expense, to Franny Vitelli and his entire family for running card night at the church, to Rocky for recruiting his entire family for the game, to Duke for his extended generosity and Sal Sr and Jr for running the game, to my boy Chez for all the phone calls and Tony P for the racquets club donations and Sue from the pro-shop as well....and to everyone else involved.

To my brother Michael I love you man your my mentor and I look up to you and of course Wendy and Zill there are no words I'd be lost without you.

I wish everyone a great summer and hope to see you all along the way.

Humbled and Grateful, Thank you
Billy Scott

No comments: